The Challenge!

The Challenge: To take our nation back one heart at a time!



Thursday, March 8, 2012

"I Don't Know What We're Doing, But I'm Doing It!"

Our little dog, Chessie, was a gift to me from, my husband, Jim, 4 years ago. She's a small, apricot cockapoo, with energy more like a terrier and a love for the outdoors that just doesn't quit! She loves to wrestle with "her kitty", Jake ~ a male, gray and black tabby, with beautiful markings, who is twice her size. Jake has loved Chessie since the day we brought her home. He prefers the outdoors too, but will come inside, just to see her.

Jake showed up at our house on a bitter, cold morning about 4 and a half years ago ~ it was minus 25 degrees and I had the stomach flu. Jake was wailing like a cat in heat and had grown too weak to help himself in that extreme cold, he had no fat to insulate him. Jim was leaving for work and heard his cries and came back in to tell me that there was a young, stray cat outside in trouble. I took warm tuna and warm water out to him and he stood in it while he ate. When I picked him up to bring him inside, though scared, he just went limp in my arms; he was too weak to run. We were able to doctor Jake back to health ~ the two, now, are inseperable!

Chessie's love, for the outdoors, often, draws her attention out the picture window. Jake's love for Chessie, tends to draw his attention to the inside, as he waits, patiently, on his perch by the window ~ longing for us to come out and play. They both are poised to jump if I show any indication that I'm moving toward the door, at all.

When Chessie knows I'm leaving, (getting the keys, putting on my coat or shoes) she's always looking for her cue, asking if she gets to go along. If she's told, "okay, you can go" her excitement propels her out the back door, in front of me; but her attention, even, in her excitement, is focused on me. Why? Because she doesn''t know what we're doing ~ whether we are going for a walk, going for a ride or just going to get the mail. All Chessie knows, is that she's getting to go and she's in full celebration, dancing at my feet, while she waits for her next instruction. In her celebration, she looks like she's saying, "I don't know what we're doing, but whatever it is, I'm doing it!"Lol. (Chessie's desire is to be with me.)

Chessie reminds me, in some ways, of my walk with the Lord! God doesn't always tell me what's next, like right now; I don't know what we're doing. He hasn't made the next step known ~ like Chessie, I have to wait on Him. But I can say, "Lord, I don't know what we're doing, but whatever it is, I'm doing it!" I can celebrate, while I wait, because He promises to be with me. I'm looking to Him for direction and wherever He is, is where I want to be! I want to join Him, in whatever He's doing. Like Chessie, I'm filled with excitement, complete gratitude, that I get to go WITH HIM!

I'm at a crossroads in my life ~ with my husband passing away, I'm looking to the Lord, with great anticipation, asking Him, "What's next?" My eyes are fixed on Him, looking for His cue, for His instruction and ready to bolt in any direction, at any invitation. I don't know what we're doing, but I'm ready!

I sense Him bringing closure, making ready for a new excursion ~ I see a new adventure on the horizon. You know, GOD"S GREATEST WORK IS DONE WHILE WE'RE WAITING! Though, we may be feeling impatient with the being still, and feel frustrated, as if nothing is happening, God is at work preparing a way for us ~ He's still at work!  God is going to establish me and only God knows how badly I need to be established! Lol. (Established means to be brought to a firm and stable basis.)

I want to go with God, to have the same trust that Chessie has in me; she has no concern for her life, everything is a celebration! She doesn't have to think about where she's going to sleep, what she's going to eat, what she's going to drink or whether she is capable of what we're going to do, she has no thought for her life. Chessie's every desire is to be loved by me and to go with me and be where I am, that's her total focus! There's a lesson that can be learned from her simple and complete dependence!

Zephaniah 3:17 says,
"The Lord our God is WITH YOU, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with is love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Psalm 61:4 says,
"I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."

Psalm 32:8 says,
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

Psalm 25:12 says,
"Who then is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him."

Psalm 16:7 says,
"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Psalm 18:32-33 says,
"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."

God has a plan, a way chosen for us, He delights in us and quiets us in His love. He will instruct us in the way chosen for us, He will counsel us and watch over us. Like Chessie, we can have no fear for the future ~ He is ALL we need! May God bless you and keep you and may you seek Him and find Him! He will lead you and provide all you need, when you put Him first! He delights in you!




1 comment: